The other day I said to Mike that I feared I was becoming that pregnant woman that complains all the time. I was thinking I'm so excited to be mom but maybe being pregnant: notsomuch. He bears the brunt of my complaints so I was surprised when he said he that I'd been actually quite joyful (with the exception of the puking month of November and the week of worry in January). This just makes me love him all that much more because how crazy amazing is it to have someone who sees the good in you, even when you feel like you're not seeing it in yourself?
So I thought about it a bit and actually had no trouble putting together a list of things make me happy on a daily basis right now. Which means I'm going to start cutting myself a bit of slack when I feel the need to tell my co-workers, family, friends ...... the internet..... that my back hurts.
1) Crisp sugar peas. Because: that snap!
2) Cliff at the door when I go home from work
3) COFFEE. After a long hiatus, I'm having the odd cup here and there. And it is amazing.
4) Being in the water - We've been swimming lengths at the pool and I love cutting through the water weightless.
5) Grapefruit. The smell, the taste; hands down it's the most divine fruit I've ever come across. (....Except for maybe bananas because they're pretty amazing too.)
6) Spring Sunlight! I just want to lay in patches of it like a cat
7) Itty bitty baby booties that I'm starting to collect. I don't even have a newborn yet and I'm already missing the infant phase.
8) Internet friends that you feel really happy for.
9) Two day stubble on my handsome husband.
10) Recently having been pulled out of storage, Rubber boots. I love a good puddle.
and also because it's just the absolute best:
11) Butterfly messages from Baby Kelly