Sometimes I feel like all I do when I sit down to blog is complain about the weather. living in Ontario, so much of our life depends on the weather; and at this time of year it's like, we're done. Done with the cold, the lack of sun, the inability to put your child into a car seat without the biting wind blowing the door closed on top of you (I had a friend tell me they were *this close* to getting a mini van what with the sliding doors..... gasp!!)... that kind of stuff. And we've hit a cold snap, probably one of the last ones of the winter but it's the nail in the proverbial coffin so to speak and we're all at our wits end around this house.
A few examples:
1) Small spills on seem like gigantic messes - to both June and I. Sharing meltdowns is just what the mother-daughter bond was always intended to be, yes?
2) Toddlers who don't want to walk up the stairs when they're asked to and who don't understand the urgency with which they need to put on their boots are likely to be put up for adoption by Easter;
3) It feels like groundhog day when we wake up, with the exception that it's colder then the day before and because I can't bare the thought of leaving the house, we end up toiling away from one meal until the next until we all go to bed and then start it over again;
4) Mike got home from the grocery store yesterday (yay! he left the house of his own volition! go Mike!) and by the look on his face I knew it didn't go well. They were evidently out of 2/3 of items on our list (including things like "chicken" and "paprika") and he lamented that he "hated that grocery store." It's pretty hard to get that guy to exclaim about anything, but grocery stores are one of his loves so this was a rather big statement.
5) I said "I quit" twice in the last 24 hours to no one in particular;
6) People who went away for March break somewhere sunny and hot are no longer a friend of mine.
7) OH AND WE LOST AN HOUR OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT. Because apparently time change is still a thing even though it's arbitrary and (in my opinion) makes no sense whatsoever.
Just kidding. but only 75%.
I'll be happier tomorrow. When I start to get that hour back and when we're one day closer to the weekend and plus celsius temperatures.